I have been gathering information relating to cycling in Scotland for some time now and I thought it was about time I compiled a list of some of the sites and what they offer.
- Cycling Scotland: An organisation funded by the Scottish Government to promote bicycle use in Scotland.
- Cycle Routes – SE Scotland & NE England: Cycle routes around SE Scotland and NE England.
- Cycling in Scotland: Information for tourists from Visit Scotland.
- CTC-Scotland: part of the CTC organisation.
- Braveheart Fund: A charity set up to provide funding to assist young Scottish cyclists attain their potential.
- BikeBudi: Link up with other cyclists in your area.
- UK long distance cycle routes: some nice maps with elevation detail.
- Sustrans- National Cycle Network: Scotland section
- Scottish Cycling Union: Governing body for clubs in Scotland
- Cycle Trossachs: Some local information and routes in the Trossachs.
- Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative: Workers cooperative shop.
- Cycle Routes: good selection of routes in Scotland with maps.
- Cycle Hebrides: Cycling in the Outer Hebrides
- Pedal for Scotland: Annual charity run from Glasgow to Edinburgh
- Bike for all: Industry run site which has lots of useful cycling links.
- Fill that pothole: Very useful way to get road hazards fixed. I have used this several times and the response from the two councils in my area has been pretty quick.
- Bicycle maintenance videos on You Tube
- The Bicycle Tutor: Lots of videos of bicycle maintenance
I may add to this as sites come and go.